∙ RATE OF PAY: Salary
∙ RATE OF PAY AMOUNT / RANGE:
∙ POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
∙ TYPE: Full Time
∙ DURATION: Permanent
∙ AVG. HOURS/WEEK:
∙ SCHEDULE: Days
∙ EDUCATION: College
Secker Ross & Perry LLP is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team of dynamic individuals. This position will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Conducting compilation, review, audit, bookkeeping and various tax engagements for a variety of industries
- Assisting the client engagement team in the planning, organizing, and managing of engagements to meet deadlines
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with client contacts
- Providing advice and training to junior staff members
- Ability to work overtime as needed to accommodate client deliverables
You enjoy the challenge and diversity that public accounting brings, but are looking for more responsibility and a change in environment.
You like working directly with clients, partners, and senior staff, managing client files and business relationships.
You want to take your career to the next level with close mentoring and/or by pursuing professional development.
- You have or are working towards a CPA designation
- 3+ years’ experience with a public accounting firm
- Experience working with private company clients and non-profit organizations
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong work ethic, communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, financial statement preparation, personal and corporate tax preparation (experience with CaseWare and Taxprep considered an asset)
- Training provided as required to a suitable candidate
Because you have strong management and planning skills, you’re looking to advance to the next level. You’re looking to take on more responsibility and move to a manager role soon. You enjoy coaching and training younger professionals.
We’re identified as an essential service and, as such, our office is operational. Many staff are working a combination of remotely and in-office on a coordinated staff schedule. We are practising all required physical distancing and office cleaning measures as necessary to ensure the health and safety of our staff and clients.