2020 Personal Income Tax Filings
In spite of the challenging environment we are all facing as result of the COVID-19 global pandemic, we have yet to hear from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regarding any filing extensions. For 2020 filings, it is “business as usual”. Unless CRA grants an extension to the filing deadline in the coming weeks, it still stands as April 30, 2021.
Due to the adjustments made to accommodate a safe environment for both staff and clients, we highly recommend tax documents be provided to us earlier than normal to ensure filing by the deadline. If you have yet to provide us with your personal income tax information, please do so as quickly as possible.
Our 2020 personal income tax checklist to assist you in gathering the necessary documents is on our website.
SRP Office Access and Document Drop Off
As we did last year, our office will continue to follow all protocols mandated by the local health unit. To provide us with your 2020 tax documents, you have the following options:
- Upload documents to our web-based client portal.
- Use the Secker Ross & Perry secure drop box at the Cataraqui Street entrance to the Woolen Mill. It is checked and cleared multiple times during the day. Please ensure your documents are in a sealed envelope.
- Our office is open, but you may need to wait until our receptionist allows you access to our office.
For pick up at the completion of your tax return, you have the following options:
- We can upload final tax returns in electronic form to our secure client portal.
- Documents may be picked up at reception.
- We can courier paper copies of the tax package to you.
Should you have questions concerning timing and completion processes for your 2020 personal tax return, please feel free to contact the engagement partner or manager on your file.
Secker Ross & Perry LLP